Monday, September 21, 2009

Monsoon season in Georgia.

This is some seriously dramatic rain we're having.

There's some sort of leak in our wall, behind our shower, and it's leaking into the apartment below us.  It's empty, but maintenance discovered it and told us that they'll have to knock out part of our wall and shower and replace it after fixing the leak.  Nice.  So, right now, my bathroom wall may not exist.


Last night, as we were watching the Emmy Awards, we heard two loud crashes outside.  We heard people talking and decided it was not life threatening.  But then we discovered that the ceiling of the breezeway in our building just FELL OUT - totally collapsed on the ground of the breezeway, insulation and all.  Gross, and scary!  The fire department came out and moved part of the ceiling beside the building.  Real nice.


This morning, Gwinnett County was basically underwater.  They closed all their schools and I read that 85 South was a complete standstill, parts of it being underwater?  And on the radio, I heard that in Austell, firefighters were actually getting people out of flooded homes IN BOATS.


Traffic was totally fine coming down 75 south to work, but they had some on ramps/off ramps closed because they were standing in water.  I saw some idiot go AROUND the police tape and then get stuck. HA!


Now Kennesaw State has closed and cancelled all classes.  This is officially the first "rain day" I've ever experienced.  

And it looks like it's just getting worse.  The storms are supposed to be worse tonight, and there are TONS of roads closed.  The rain is coming down in sheets outside my office windows.  Wes said there are small rivers of water all over 575.  

My bridal portrait session was scheduled for tomorrow, but it looks like we'll be postponing, due to both the weather and the fact that the hair and makeup lady's kid has the flu.  And I don't want to go into her house until it's disinfected. 


But - I did get to wear my green rain boots for the first time ever, khaki dress pants tucked into them and all.  So that's a plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment