Disclaimer: I am not staying in Tuscaloosa for school, I am only here for a 4-day orientation and 1-hour credit class. However, it's always interesting being a new place, right?
On my way through Alabama, I passed a section of interstate with a huge mosque and a BMW dealership side-by-side. These things don't fit in Alabama to me. Fireworks stores - those fit.
Talladega Speedway is really big. I have never been to a Nascar race. I want to go to one.
I would like to go here on my way back, but don't think I have time: http://desotocavernspark.com/
Tuscaloosa is not very impressive so far. Just like any other small town with a one-story mall. Maybe on-campus will be nicer?
My hotel room is very new -comfy bed, nice TV, etc. But I got the handicap-accessible room, so my mirrors can be tilted and moved all over the place, and the shower is huge and walk-in, with a seat. That's just asking for a lazy shower, but may be good for shaving legs. There's also a drain in the middle of the whole bathroom floor, so I plan to brush my teeth and wash my face with abandon and just let the water go down the middle-floor drain. Because I can.
"I plan to brush my teeth and wash my face with abandon and just let the water go down the middle-floor drain. Because I can."
ReplyDeletelol, I love it. I hope your trip goes well! :)
(Sarah R.)